Girl’s Trip! Quebec City, Canada was absolutely amazing and was the perfect place to get away with the girls for some weekend fun. From lots of laughs, girl talk and goal setting for 2018, it was the perfect time to get refreshed for what’s to come in our lives and businesses. We also took the time to celebrate many of our accomplishments this year like promotions, bonuses and my feature on Forbes. Each of us had a reason to celebrate which made it even more amazing. I’m a firm believer that you remain more grateful when you take the time to commemorate your wins. Now on to what this post is all about…A weekend trip to Quebec City! I’m going to share with you where to stay, what to do and where to eat in this beautiful city. I’ll start by saying that I’m so glad we visited in the fall. As a person who now resides in a year-round warm climate, seeing the beautiful fall leaves and feeling the cool brisk air was a wonderful change in scenery. Alright, let’s get to it! Where To Stay
- Fairmont Le Château Frontenac – When in Quebec City, you must stay at the Fairmont for the best experience. It’s a real life castle that will have you feeling like a princess all weekend long . I’m very big on cleanliness and hospitality when it comes to hotels, and this one gets it right. Many times, they will have discounted room rates throughout the year that are amazing, so be sure to take advantage of those times.
Capture Great Moments
- Whenever I travel, the first thing I look for are places to take beautiful photos. Quebec City had so many places, cafes and restaurants that we wanted to capture, so I hired a photographer, Cathy Lesserd, to come along with us for a day. It was important to me to get quality pictures for Instagram and for lasting memories, so I invested in a shoot. I would suggest you do the same when visiting Quebec City. Though your camera phone can do wonders, it’s something about professional photos that’ll take your experience to the next level.
- For those of you wanting to create special memories, hire Cathy as your photographer. She is offering 10% off if you mention my name, Ariana Pierce. Visit clphotographe.com
Visit Montmorency Falls
- One of my favorite adventures was heading out to Montmorency Falls, which is absolutely beautiful and a must-see when visiting Quebec City. We were going to do a tour to see the falls, but I’m glad we just did this on our own, as it gave us time to take group and individual pictures and grab a yummy breakfast at L’Omelette!
Afternoon Tea at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac
- Afternoon Tea is one of my favorite things to do with the girls when traveling to England, so when I discovered that it was a must at the Fairmont, I couldn’t pass it up. The experience was over the top and very classy. We had the opportunity to sit down and chat about our goals for the new year over tea and crumpets. It’s definitely something I would recommend doing, plus it’s the perfect excuse to get dressed up and put on your favorite pair of heels.
- Below is a recap video from my InstaStory during our Afternoon Tea and cheese tasting tour. It was hard to capture the true beauty of it all in pictures, so below is a short video showing how much fun we really had!
The Quebec City Food Tour
- One of my favorite things we did was the amazing, three hour food tour. It was so fun to walk around the city and try the many foods that are native to Canada. One of my favorite meals was the grilled cheese sandwich. Don’t think of your average grilled cheese, this one was made with 1608 cheese, artichoke dip and special seasoning. There were other amazing foods like the poutine, ham and cheese, Russian drink, German sausage, yummy Scandinavian dish and so much more. The food tour is about $50 USD and you can get more information here.
Le Lapin Sauté
- One of my favorite restaurants is Le Lapin Sauté, which literally means the jumping rabbit. They are famous for their rabbit dishes, but I’m not too big on that. What I did love was the grilled cheese, pulled beef burger, vegetable soup, and yummy desserts. Oh, and the warm apple cider! Everything was delicious and I can’t wait to visit again.
- Address: 52 Rue du Petit Champlain, Ville de Québec, QC G1K 4H4, Canada
Shop The Style & Travel Girl Passport Covers: Click Here
There were so many amazing things we did on this girls trip, that it would probably take me about 5 posts to really share it all. It really is a charming city, and that’s why I’m thinking about doing something special for 2018. I want to know your thoughts. If I were to open the trip in 2018, would you join us? Vote below!