As I’m getting ready to head to New York for Fashion Week, it’s imperative to not only have fashion forward clothing, but a fresh face. As I was preparing this week, something happened. That something was a huge pimple on my cheek! Can you say, Yuck? So I began to use my brain and think of fast remedies to get rid of that pimple. The first thing that came to mind was this cool blog post I found on Pinterest. The article is from www.stylecraze.com (India’s largest beauty network). My remedy is a tad different and unique to what I had readily available at home but it’ s perfect for those with Oily Skin. This remedy will greatly reduce the pimple and dark marks immediately. I needed FAST results, so this was perfect.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Half a lemon or lemon juice: Lemon Juice has Citric acid which controls the oil that is produced by oily skin. It also can reduce pimples immediately and reduces scaring that is caused from having pimples.
2. Honey: It adds a glow and moisturizes the skin which is caused by the antibacterial components of honey. It also helps with reducing the pimple.
3. Bowl or cup to mix the two.
1. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into your bowl or cup. If you do not have fresh lemons, you can use lemon juice found in a bottle or container. Something like ‘ReaLemon’ brand. Add about 1 spoonful.
2. Take the honey and pour in about 1 spoonful as well.
3. Mix the honey and lemon juice together in the bowl or cup.
4. Take a cotton ball and dip it in the mix. Rub it on your pimple.
5. Let the mix sit on your pimple for about 15-20min. (You should feel the area getting a little tight. If you don’t, no worries! It’s still working)
6. Wash the lemon and honey mix off with your favorite face wash. Then add moisturizer.
Once you you are finished, you should be able to see the pimple greatly reduced or about gone. If the pimple is stubborn, don’t worry. Just give it a day and you should see results. If need be, continue using the mix throughout the week until the pimple is gone!
Happy Fashion Week!